We are starting our journey to brick & mortar today! It begins with a presence online, and your support! Each project gets us closer to the goal of our flagship location, which will combine years of experience in the restaurant and retail industries.
Where are we starting?
We are launching on the internet (where you are now) with some special project partners. We are calling our business model "batch project partnerships", and this is how it works:
- We select partners to bring fun and exclusive projects to you.
- We launch an order window of two weeks for you to secure your slot in the batch.
- We place the order with the partner, and ship you the good stuff.
- We close the order window until it's time for another batch!
With this model we are going to be able to order exactly what you all want! If we don't meet the minimum, the batch doesn't launch and we go back to the drawing board (and you get a refund).
Where we are headed.
Black Bobbin is not just a music store, it is a gathering place for all to connect over fine drinks, quality products, and a collective creative consciousness. Our mission is to provide the resources and space for connection and creativity to thrive, while supporting our community at large. Black Bobbin is a collection of like minded small businesses working together to achieve a unified experience.
How will we do it?
- Black Bobbin Coffee roasted right here in Chicago by Gallery Cafe.
- Exclusive products with leading guitar batch project partnerships.
- Procure and sell the best used and vintage gear on the market, while educating our clientele.
- Provide an intimate performance space for local and national musicians.
Thank you for your support!