Project # 0052
Custom car finishes were a huge influence on the Southern California guitar culture of the early 60s, so when it came time to add some extra flair to their instruments, Fender used the same paint codes as their beloved car manufactures to create truly iconic guitars. Vintage Custom Color Fenders are really something to behold, so when we started chatting with voltage Cable Co about a partnership, we wanted to pull out something very special.
Tahitian Coral was not a color used by Fender on any real scale in the 60's, excepted for one lone, ultra custom '61 Strat. It was believed to be a very faded Fiesta Red, a much more common color at the time, until the guard was removed and a small piece of masking tape revealed that it was in fact Tahitian Coral. It's an extra special color for an extra special cable partnership!
From Voltage Cable Co.
The Vintage Coil is proudly designed, packaged and hand soldered in Sydney Australia using the finest components available. the unique Pantone colour, style and clarity of this coil make it the perfect premium, vintage choice for any guitarist.
- 20 AWG multi strand 95% oxygen free copper core
- Bare copper spiral shield for flexibility & memory
- Tough 6.2mm outer jacket
- 25ft in length ( stretched )
- Right angle / straight plug
- G&H USA High clarity nickel plugs ( Copper to Copper Technology )
- Cardas ( Bandon, Oregon USA ) Quad Eutectic silver solder
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Hand made in Sydney, Australia
Why we choose G&H High Clarity plugs:
The BF2PM Series is a High Clarity extension of our original “Bigfoot” series 1/4” plugs. By eliminating the solder tab your signal has a more direct path producing a cleaner sound. The BF2PM series retains the solid, separately crimped ground of the BF2P and it's insert molded design assure the highest reliability.
It starts with an Oxygen Free copper core for maximum conductivity. The copper is expanded into the tip for a solid connection. Then it, along with the plug body are placed into a plastic mold. The insulating material is injected into them forming a solid assembly.
- Oxygen-free copper core for highest conductivity
- 1/2” profile file for highest packing density
- Tin plated ground for ease of soldering
- Solid brass housing protects the plug
- Separately crimped ground won't loosen
- Hot solders directly to the copper core for clean signal transmission